Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Licensing issues

From: Kaushik Ghose
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Licensing issues
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:54:30 -0500 (EST)

HI,
I read the GPL a while back, patiently, and I remember understanding that
the nature of the OS does not matter.

the extent of the license pertains to the program/documentation and
modifications of it.

Is the question more, what happens if the fonts are loaded by a program
that is not GPLd ?

I think here the font itself should have the same properties as a GPLd
text file - you can load it with any editor and thats not a problem, so
Its when you redistribute/modify the font that the license applies.

-kg