fluid-dev

Re: [fluid-dev] universal macOS dynamic libs for a Pure data external?

From: Alexandre Torres Porres
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] universal macOS dynamic libs for a Pure data external?
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 22:20:48 -0300

Em seg., 2 de mai. de 2022 às 16:31, Tom M. <tom.mbrt@googlemail.com> escreveu:
So far, nobody has asked for precompiled binaries for Mac.

I'd like to ask then please ;)

one could use macPorts. Getting universal builds seems to
be pretty simple:
https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/buildUniversal

Never used macPorts, just tried it. I installed fluidsynth, but unlike when I install from homebrew, if I try to build my Pd eternal it fails cause it can't find <fluidsynth.h>. I know this is because my programming skills are terrible and I don't know my way around.

I'm open to publish those universal binaries with the fluidsynth
releases. I could sign them as well

That would be wonderful and would really help me a lot. I'd need something that works from monterey as back as mojave.

I wouldn't mind learning how to do it myself, but I don't know if I could do it easily and quite probably no one has the time to waste on teaching me...

cheers