fluid-dev

[fluid-dev] alsa audio driver only accepting huge period size

From: la Fleur
Subject: [fluid-dev] alsa audio driver only accepting huge period size
Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 20:11:18 +0200

Hello fluiders !

I'm using fluidsynth for a synthetizer in a professional live show. I recently started using it with a phone running postmarketos. Everything is fine when I use the pulseaudio backend. But when I try to use the alsa audio backend, I get a warning that says "warning: Requested a period size of 64, got 6144 instead". This leads to a huge latency.

I never experienced this problem, although I ran fluidsynth on various platforms (including raspberry pi zero, both with alsa and jack outputs).

Can anyone tell me more about this warning ? Here is the output from `aplay -l` :

    card 0: samsunga2015 [samsung-a2015], device 0: Primary MI2S multicodec-0 []
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 0: samsunga2015 [samsung-a2015], device 2: Quaternary MI2S tfa989x-hifi-2 []
    Subdevices: 0/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Is there a way to get more details from my hardware ?