fluid-dev

[fluid-dev] FS on RPi4 not setting up midi port

From: Ben Gonzales
Subject: [fluid-dev] FS on RPi4 not setting up midi port
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 13:42:41 +1000

Hi all.

I've had the latest FS compiled and running on a RPi3 for a while. I've just bought a RPi4, did all the things that I do to set up the model 3, and found that Fluidsynth won't create a MIDI input port. It seems to find the ALSA card, and I've tried it with two different cards, but no port. It doesn't give any (related) error messages. I can telnet to the running synth, and load soundfonts OK.

Where should I be looking?

Ben