fluid-dev

Re: [fluid-dev] New Reverb and Chorus API versus actual API

From: Marcus Weseloh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] New Reverb and Chorus API versus actual API
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 14:11:23 +0200

Hi,

Am So., 18. Okt. 2020 um 17:41 Uhr schrieb Tom M. via fluid-dev
<fluid-dev@nongnu.org>:
> I kept thinking about this. If we decide against the "2"-suffix my
> current favorite is:
>
> fluid_synth_set_reverb_group_xxxxx()
> fluid_synth_set_chrous_group_xxxxx()
>
> This would be consistent with the synth.effects-groups setting.
> And, like JJC, I would still vote for deprecating the old API functions.

So for the shell we introduce the proposed new commands to set
specific fx group settings.  We keep the old fx shell commands
deprecated and document that "set synth.reverb.xxx"  should be used
instead (if not already done).
And for the API we use the function names suggested above and
deprecate the old API functions.

Sounds good to me!

Cheers,
Marcus