flexisip-developers

Re: [Flexisip-developers] /src/flexisip/tester/tester.hh:22:30: fatal er

From: Brian J. Murrell
Subject: Re: [Flexisip-developers] /src/flexisip/tester/tester.hh:22:30: fatal error: bctoolbox/tester.h: No such file or directory
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 06:01:13 -0400

On Tue, 2019-07-30 at 11:41 +0200, Nicolas Michon wrote:
> On 7/30/19 11:27 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> > Hi Nicolas,
> >
> > On Tue, 2019-07-30 at 11:17 +0200, Nicolas Michon wrote:
> > > What is the git revision of flexisip you are trying to build ?
> > 36fbc1e
> >
> > > /bctoolbox/tester.h/ is provided by bctoolbox.
> > See, that's what I would have thought.  But I have already
> > installed
> > bc-bctoolbox-devel from the most recent RPM:
> >
> > # rpm -qi bc-bctoolbox-devel
> > Name        : bc-bctoolbox-devel
> > Version     : 0.6.0
> > Release     : 166.el7
> > Architecture: x86_64
> > Install Date: Sun 28 Jul 2019 03:22:44 PM EDT
> > Group       : Development/Libraries
> > Size        : 145819
> > License     : GPL
> > Signature   : (none)
> > Source RPM  : bc-bctoolbox-0.6.0-166.el7.src.rpm
> > Build Date  : Sat 27 Jul 2019 06:42:16 PM EDT
> > Build Host  : runner-UKoLrjBs-project-309-concurrent-0
> > Relocations : (not relocatable)
> > URL         : http://www.linphone.org
> > Summary     : Development libraries for bctoolbox
> > Description :
> > Libraries and headers required to develop software with bctoolbox
> >
> > As you can see based on the Build Date, it should match up with
> > 36fbc1e, but it does not have anything matching "tester" in it:
> >
> > # rpm -ql bc-bctoolbox-devel | grep tester
> >
> > >   You can check inside
> > > //opt/belledonne-communications/include/bctoolbox//for this
> > > header
> > > file.
> > Per the above, it's not there.  Neither is libbctoolbox-tester.
> >
> > > But this is generally not a good idea to build flexisip with
> > > prebuilt
> > > dependencies this way unless you are sure the different versions
> > > are
> > > compatible between them.
> > I would think a git commit and an RPM build only 3 days apart
> > should be
> > pretty compatible.  There are of course times when that will not be
> > true, but generally speaking, it should be.  Certainly for this
> > kind of
> > pretty glaring mismatch.  I would think.
> >
> Indeed! But it was just a general advice about linphone dependencies.

Yes, absolutely understood.  And I can completely appreciate your
position on this if somebody had RPMs and a git repo that were wildly
out of date with each other.  I did make sure I was within as close a
window as I could be.  :-)

> I missed it earlier: it seems the rpm are built without unit tests
> support.

Ahhh.  That would do it.

So it turns out that I am not getting pushes because of:

https://github.com/BelledonneCommunications/flexisip/blob/36fbc1e4952469d339fc8bfa14cfc66421280d77/src/module-pushnotification.cc#L509-L510

Any explanation of what that means before I go digging deeper?  :-)

Cheers,
b.