fle3-dev

Re: [Fle3-dev] Feature request

From: Teemu Leinonen
Subject: Re: [Fle3-dev] Feature request
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 18:04:33 +0200

Dr. Ulrich Agricola wrote:
>> Hmm... Fle3 isn't designed to be used as several users
>> simultaneously.
>
> Ok, I accept that. It´s just a matter of convenience, if you work as
> admin, and want to test the behavior of other users (might only be a
> problem of users, that are not quite familiar with the system - yet).

We are nowadays constantly fighting to keep in our mind that we are not designing the UI for us (the most advanced users of the system), but for someone that is using the system very first time. This is a great challenge.

It is very common that you start to design the UI convenient for yourself. As a designer you also easily feel that the latest new feature is the most important feature and should be easy to reach (also because you are anyway doing a lot of testing with it).

Actually, in this sense we should check the UI and consider all widgets locations. E.g. I think that the "who have read this note" in the KB, should be somewhere under the note - note under the title of the note. I think that with the "who hare read this note" the users makes and operation related in the note: she have read the note and wants to see who else have read it.

- Teemu
Teemu Leinonen
http://www.uiah.fi/~tleinone/
Office: + 358 9 756 30 296