fle3-dev

[Fle3-dev] Deleting FLE users

From: Tim Wilson
Subject: [Fle3-dev] Deleting FLE users
Date: Thu Sep 5 18:16:01 2002

Hi everyone,

My name is Tim Wilson and I'm about to begin using Fle3 in my high
school physics course. I'm also a Ph.D. student in education at the U.
of Minnesota in the U.S. My advisor plans to use Fle3 for her course
this fall as well.

When are currently seeking approval from the Institutional Review Board
(IRB) at the University. (IRB approval is required for all research
projects using human subjects.) We are required to allow students to
withdraw from the project even after giving their initial consent. As a
result, we need a way to remove a user and his or her information from
Fle3 if they choose not to participate.

Can any of you comment on the forwarded message below? I'm still finding
my way around Fle3 and I don't feel that I can answer this confidently
yet. Thank you.

-Tim

----- Forwarded message from Joan Hughes <address@hidden> -----

Tim,
Wondering if you have ideas about this:

A) will it be easy to delete a user and their work  out of the system, if
they decided to not consent?
B) would it be easy/difficult to change their name? And if so, would that
dynamically change all their posts at a later time? [this is for the consent
procedures...i'm trying ot figure out what I can promise them if they decide
to not consent or consent.]

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com