fhsst-admin-priv

[Fhsst-admin-priv] Re: fhsst

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: [Fhsst-admin-priv] Re: fhsst
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:34:35 +0000

STOP TOP POSTING, YA PINE USING FIEND! :-P

Mark Horner wrote:
> Sam Halliday wrote:
> >we are currently thinking up a list of lots of things that people like
> >yourself could be involved in... please elaborate on your skills so that
> >i can see what is best suited: for example, could you please tell me
> >your level of understanding of the following:
> >
> >  - using CVS
> >  - editing LaTeX files
> >  - education level of the sciences/maths
> >  - geographical location
> >  - graphics (making posters etc)
> >  - printing press access: i.e. practical stuff
>
> We need to go easy on the windows people - all the chemistry we have received
> so far was done by people who only know word so we must not discourage them.

yeah, i just wanted to find out what this guy knows... he wasn't very
descriptive at all in the email i got; didn't even say if he ever even studied
science at school... all we have to go by is that we know he can send an email
:-/ if he comes back with "wtf is CVS/LaTeX!" i will of course say that he can
use whatever editor he prefers... we can do the typesetting. besides... there is
LaTeX/CVS/Emacs for windoze ;-)

cheers,
Sam
--