ff3d-users

Re: [ff3d-users] Question on the solver 'solve'

From: Arun Viswanathan
Subject: Re: [ff3d-users] Question on the solver 'solve'
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:28:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Stephane, thanks for your reply. I am now able to
print-out the concentration values for specific
vertices. My attempt now is to use an 'if' condition
based on the concentration at a vertex, so that part
of the code is run only if the concentration exceeds a
certain value. This works if I use concentration in
the second if-loop, but doesn't work when I use it in
the first if-loop?! Why??

My solver is broken up to 2 parts and I am currently
controling which part runs based on the iterations
(please refer to code snippet attached below). I am
trying to use concentration values instead of
iteration number here. I tried it but I get syntax
errors. Could you please take a look at my code and
give me any further suggestions?

Thanks, best regards,
Arun.

----------------Solver part below------------------

for (i=0; i<20; i++)
{
        cout << "\nIteration no. " << i+1 << "\n";

        /*if (C(0.902,1.26,0.819) <= 0.38)*/ /* Syntax error:
"C" unexpected */
        if (i <= 10)
        {
                solve(C) in O2 by M
                {
                        pde(C)
                                C - div(D*dt*grad(C)) = C0; /* Equation: dC/dt
= D
* d/dx(dC/dx) */
                        dnu(C) = 0 on M;
                        al*C + dnu(C) = 0.5 on Sphere;
                };
                cout << C(0.902,1.26,0.819);
                cout << C(0.984,1.26,0.819);
        }
        if (C(0.902,1.26,0.819) > 0.38) /* Works fine here */
//      if (i > 10)
        {
                solve(C) in O2 by M
                {
                        pde(C)
                                C - div(D*dt*grad(C)) = C0;  /* Equation: dC/dt
=
D * d/dx(dC/dx) */
                        dnu(C) = 0 on M;
                };