ff3d-users

Re: [ff3d-users] Using complex geometry....error using "cylinder"??

From: Arun Viswanathan
Subject: Re: [ff3d-users] Using complex geometry....error using "cylinder"??
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 14:47:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Stephane,

I have now changed my povray file, I removed of the
'box' part since you said it was not required. I also
corrected the 'pigment' part within the 'intersection'
(checked page 24 of the manual, according to which I
added just one line to define the color for the whole
intersection). It just occured to me, now that I have
removed the 'box', should it be a 'union' (of
cylinders) or is 'intersection' still correct??

I have also defined the boundary conditions as you had
suggested. Thank you for pointing out the errors, now
the program runs. But, I now have the output (showing
a number of iterations) and the '.dat' file, they are
both different. Which one of them contains the
solutions to the PDE?

I would also like to visualize the geometry. I am
using Opendx for this, but I don't know in what format
I must save the file to visualize it ('.dat' does not
seem right to me, any suggestions??).

Thanks for the help Stephane.
Best regards, Arun.