Re: problem with periodicity

From: Zahra Fazli
Subject: Re: problem with periodicity
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 19:58:07 +0430

Dear Rudolf, dear Jean-Noël,

Thanks for your useful comments. The problem solved when I printed folded particle positions.

Best,
Zahra

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 7:33 PM Jean-Noël Grad <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Zahra,

ESPResSo stores internally unfolded positions. If you print the value of
system.part[:].pos or the result of observable
espressomd.observables.ParticlePositions, you'll see these unfolded
particle positions increasing beyond the box boundaries. If you print
system.part[:].pos_folded, you'll see that positions return to zero when
a particle crosses the box boundaries. You can check it visually with
samples/visualization_ljliquid.py.

The value system.periodicity = [1.0, 1.0, 1.0] is correct (in recent
versions of espresso, you can simply provide [1, 1, 1] or [True, True,
True] instead of floating-point values).

Best,
JN