Re: [ESPResSo-users] constant velocity field in "object in fluid"

From: Ivan Cimrak
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] constant velocity field in "object in fluid"
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 00:34:54 +0200

Dear Gianmarco,

This issue is more related to general Espresso's LB fluid.

To generate constant velocity field, you can use ext_force_density parameter. Do you have specific reason why you set it to zero? Anyway, you can indeed induce uniform flow field by setting nonzero horizontal velocity at the top AND the bottom of your box. I advice to use rhomboid lbboundary making sure there are some LB points inside the rhomboid. So the rhonmboid should have thickness at least 2 (with lbgrid 1). And place two rhomboids, one on top and one on bottom of box.

Due to periodicity, it may work also one rhomboid, but about that I am not sure.

I hope this helps,

Ivan