Re: [ESPResSo-users] fluid-particle coupling in different LB resolutions

From: Markus Gusenbauer
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] fluid-particle coupling in different LB resolutions
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 11:05:48 +0100

Hi Iva,

I am facing a similar problem with the parameters grid size, friction, mass and viscosity. And I still don't understand how these parameters correlate.
Right now I am experimenting with a single point with external force (gravitation) and its final velocity in the fluid.

A line got my attention in the userguide, maybe there is the problem/solution:

"Internally the LB implementation works with a different set of units: all lengths are
expressed in agrid , all times in tau and so on. Therefore changing agrid and tau, might
change the behaviour of the LB fluid"

And it certainly changes the behaviour!

Markus