Re: [ESPResSo-users] fluid-particle coupling in different LB resolutions

From: Iveta Jancigova
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] fluid-particle coupling in different LB resolutions
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 20:07:59 +0100

I realized I didn’t attach a simulation script to my question, so I’m attaching
it now.
Please, let me know what could be the issue.
Thank you,

Iva

> On 11 Mar 2015, at 13:20, Iveta Jancigova <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I want to ask about a strange behavior I encountered:
>
> When I put a single particle in the center of a channel 20x10x10 with fluid
> (ext_force on fluid 0.0001 0 0, dens 1, visc 1) and look at the velocities of
> the particle and fluid at the same position, I get the following:
> for grid=1:   v_fluid ~ 0.000728167   v_part ~ 0.000723167
> for grid=0.5:         v_fluid ~ 0.000737281   v_part ~ 0.00018307
> for grid=0.25:        v_fluid ~ 0.000738749   v_part ~ 4.58593E-05
> While the fluid velocity is roughly the same, the particle velocity seems to
> decrease ~4 times when the grid size is halved.
>
> I have tried varying the friction parameter (even by orders of magnitude) but
> it only made minimal difference. I suppose that is because the particle is
> simply carried by the fluid.
> So my questions are: Is it possible there is an error in the coupling? Or
> what can I do to get the proper velocity of the particle?
>
> Thank you,
> Iva Jancigova

Iveta Jancigova, PhD student
Faculty of Management Science and Informatics
University of Zilina, Slovakia
cell-in-fluid research group: http://cell-in-fluid.fri.uniza.sk