Re: [ESPResSo-users] LB + vtk file format

From: Ulf Schiller
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] LB + vtk file format
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 14:08:56 +0200

On 08/27/2013 01:47 PM, pdam bright wrote:
Deat all,

I am new to simulating a system with LB feature.
As the output of a simple code (one particle in solvent), I produce 200
vtk files by using this command
*/lbfluid print vtk velocity filename/*

Using paraview to have an animation of these vtk files, I expect to have
a smooth movie of solvent streamlines. But I only see 200 completely
independent frames! For example I expect that at first frame I have no
streamlines and passing time the streamlines grow. But the streamlines
are present from the initial frame and I see no growth in them.

What is false? My expectation that these files are to produce
streamlines or my runs?

Hi Pet,

It's really hard to tell without knowing any parameters etc.

What filter are you using in paraview to determine the streamlines from the vector field?

What is the temperature/Peclet number of the system? Due to fluctuations you may need to average the flow field to 'see' something beyond noise.

Best wishes,
Ulf

--
Dr. Ulf D. Schiller                        Building 04.16, Room 3006
Institute of Complex Systems (ICS-2)       Phone:   +49 2461 61-6144