Re: [ESPResSo-users] for help

From: Christoph Junghans
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] for help
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 08:13:46 -0700

Hi,

2012/11/6 guozhicheng222 <address@hidden>:
> Dear all:
>
> I found the error message as following when I was running my tcl-script.
>
> Error in startup script: inter_dpd needs 6 parameters: <gamma> <r_cut> <wf>
> <tgamma> <tr_cut> <twf>
>
> while executing
>
> "inter 0 0 inter_dpd $gamma $r_cut"
>
> However, it indicated the parameters about wf, tgamma, tr_cut and twf are
> optional in the ESPresSo user's guide, which described in the forms:
>
>         inter type1 type2 inter_dpd gamma r_cut [WF wf tgamma tr_cut TWF
> twf]
It had a look at the code (dpd_tcl.c) and one really needs to specify
6 parameter, so the user's guide is wrong.
I don't remember if this was always the case, but it is not hard to fix.

> I want to know how to solve this problem and determine the optional
> parameters, because there are few detail informations related to the tgamma,
> tr_cut and twf except the wf in the user's guide. I am sincerely waiting for
> your response.
If you don't need transverse damping in the dpd, just set  tgamma=0,
which disables the transverse part.
tr_cut and twf you can set to whatever value.

Christoph

--
Christoph Junghans
Web: http://www.compphys.de