Re: [ESPResSo-users] hermit

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] hermit
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:21:30 +0100

On Thursday 15 March 2012 11:24:10 Olaf Lenz wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On 03/15/2012 10:01 AM, Jiajia Zhou wrote:
> > Thanks Olaf! I noticed that the Espresso in the main directory is
> > only a symbolic link so I also looked at the src/ directory, but it
> > wasn't there. So something is wrong.
>
> Just a quick answer, I will have a deeper look into the issue later:
>
> One thing I notice that is not right and might cause trouble is that you
> use --with-tcl="8.5 -ldl". Please try to simply omit this. You are
> already giving the path to tcl in LDFLAGS. Also, you might want to put
> "-ldl" into the variable LIBS instead of LDFLAGS.

Hi, in the first place, please rebuild tcl as a shared library (--enable-
shared). Can be that this is not the default, that I forgot. Statically linked
libraries cause all sorts of problems, since Tcl uses shared objects anyways.
You should not need to link manually against libdl.

Axel

--
JP Dr. Axel Arnold
ICP, Universität Stuttgart