Re: [ESPResSo-users] Command galileiTransformParticles

From: Owen Hickey
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Command galileiTransformParticles
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 13:55:07 +0100

Hey Salvador,

I would suggest using galileiTransformsParticles within the for loop
as well although I suspect this isn't  what is causing your dumbbell
to rotate.  From your description it sounds as though it is rotating
in a vacuum and there is no interaction between your particles and the
DPD fluid (especially if the rate of rotation doesn't change much over
time).  I would try perhaps increasing the density of DPD particles,
the cutoff of the DPD thermostat, or the coupling parameter gamma_dpd.
 Have you tried looking at a vmd movie of your system?  This often can
be quite useful in determining what is happening when something
strange happens.

Hope that helps,
Owen