erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] Re: erc-track-list-changed-hook call timing

From: John J Foerch
Subject: [Erc-discuss] Re: erc-track-list-changed-hook call timing
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 17:31:00 -0400

Hello,

  Some further observations while trying to make a non-mode-line erc-track
notification...

  In erc-modified-channels-display, the variable erc-modified-channels-object
never gets updated if erc-track-position-in-mode-line is nil.  I would like a
way to have erc-modified-channels-object updated, but not have the mode-line
display.

  To give you an idea of what I am trying to accomplish, I am writing
erc-modified-channels-object to a file, so that I can have my erc-track
notification displayed by my window manager, rather than in the emacs
mode-line.

Thank you,

John Foerch