erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] erc-track-list-changed-hook call timing

From: John J Foerch
Subject: [Erc-discuss] erc-track-list-changed-hook call timing
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 12:41:56 -0400

Hello,

  I wanted to use erc-track-list-changed-hook in order to have an
erc-track notification somewhere other than the modeline.  However, in
`erc-modified-channels-display' this hook gets run before the variable
`erc-modified-channels-object' gets updated, so in order to use this
hook, I would have to duplicate a lot of the work done in
`erc-modified-channels-display'.

  I could use a piece of `after' advice to get the effect I want, but
this would seem to undermine the purpose of having the hook in the first
place.

  My request is, can this hook be called later in time, or another hook
added so that up-to-date tracking information is available at the call
point?

  Thank you,

--
John Foerch