erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] about connection-timeout

From: Chinlu
Subject: [Erc-discuss] about connection-timeout
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 15:31:16 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I sent a message to comp.emacs a while back, though it got completely ignored.
My problem is that I cannot connect anylonger to irc, with emacs versions olders
than 22.0.93.

I've been using cvs versions for a while. Actually I've got on my system from
22.0.93 till 22.0.96, however, I can only connect with the former. When I try to
connect with latter versions, this is what I see:

-irc.gimp.org- *** Looking up your hostname...
-irc.gimp.org- *** Checking Ident
-irc.gimp.org- *** No Ident response
-irc.gimp.org- *** Found your hostname

In the message bar I can also read this:

Logging in without password

And that's all, I can't see anyother message that gives me ideas on what's going
on (I'd say this has got something to do with identd, but don't really know),
and I happens either with ERC version (pre-estable) 5.2 on emacs-22.0.93 and
22-00.95, and with 5.2 proper as of today in 22.0.96.

Thanks,