erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] Some questions on logging

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [Erc-discuss] Some questions on logging
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:04:39 +0200

Hi,

I use ERC (the one bundled with GNU Emacs' CVS HEAD), and I really like
it. But I have some troubles setting up logging the way I'd want.

1. I use bitlbee and if a buddy sends a message to me a new query buffer
   will be opened. It's named "address@hidden".

   If I do "/query some TAB", the completion will expand to "somebuddy"
   (all lowercase!) instead of "someBuddy" and as a result, I have two
   log files for the same buddy -- one containing conversations I
   started, and one containing conversations he started.

   I know IRC is case-insensitive, but then it should be at least
   coherent. (I would prefer buffers named equal to the nick.)

2. How can I restrict logging to my bitlbee buffers? They all have the
   form "^\\(&bitlbee\\|nick\\)@localhost$", so a log restriction based
   on a regular expression would be handy.

Bye and much thanks in advance,
Tassilo
--
A morning without coffee is like something without something else.