Re: Homebrew install not working for beta.

From: Sidney Markowitz
Subject: Re: Homebrew install not working for beta.
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 15:37:58 +1200

arnaud.maurin@club-internet.fr wrote on 13/08/21 10:28 am:
As asked, I tried to install the 1.30 beta with Homebrew. And...it don't works ! The formulae contains only one version : the stable 1.21. Installing this version works fine, but there's no way to install the 1.30 version ! I think the formulae needs to be updated !

Hope the 1.30 version will releases soon !

Yup, that's on me... I was working on the Mac build of Enigma, but got stuck getting a build working on current versions of MacOS with the change from gettext to tinygettext. The only example project that I have that successfully builds and runs on Mac and uses tinygettext uses cmake for the entire project build. Enigma 1.30 beta uses autogen/automake to build with a hack to use cmake to build just the tinygettext library. For some reason that I have not tracked down, when I build it that way on the Mac the resulting executable get a segfault when it starts up.

Because it doesn't work I have not been able to submit any change to the Homebrew official site, so what is there is still stable 1.21.

I haven't actually done any coding with either gettext nor tinygettext. I've only worked on configuring the build for projects that happened to use it. I also don't have experience with cmake projects. It might help if someone could do one or more of the following:

1. Set up a small hello work type example that uses tinygettext so I have something simple to work with to figure out how to get it to build with a purely autogen/automake project instead of cmake

2. Figure out how to get Enigma to build as a purely cmake project, instead of the hybrid autogen/automake and cmake it is now

3. Help me track down the segfault problem.

 Sidney