Re: [Enigma-devel] enigma on Android

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] enigma on Android
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 20:06:23 +0200

On May 8, 2014 4:12 PM, "Busser Alain" <address@hidden> wrote:

> But the other day, I was looking for the apk file (that's my usual way of installing an app because I can't go to Google Play) for "know abacus" and I found this beautiful app on an alternative market called "mobile1". The process rooted my Android tablet and then installed an app called "mobile1", which allows me to go to this market, where, amongst many apk files, I found Enigma 1.0. the apk file is about 6MB heavy, and it works!!!

May I suggest using Aptoide? It's not only a lot of marketplaces, but it enables you to create your own market (which not neccessarily means piracy, there are private repositories of companies afaik).
Also, stay safe and USE an ANTIVIRUS when using any alternative market (apart from your own).

> During all the time when I only dreamt of playing to enigma (or make my pupils play ;-)) I had to imagine how it could work without a mouse, and if it was possible (and interesting) to use the accelerometer. My questions found their answer: In any enigma level, the accelerometer is used instead of the mouse. This a strange sensation, playing only with the orientation of the tablet (I would say, more physical than with a computer, but also harder, especially for some of the meditation levels, and for the levels with water).

Enigma, like its precursors, were  designed with a mouse in mind (ok, I know, there's code for other inputs, but many of the levels need such acceleration that you need to drag-and-pick-up your mouse several times (or continuously), which are not fit for the constant acceleration of the g-sensor). If there would ever be an official app, it should only contain levels which are fit for the device (or maybe a switch for people who use a mouse with their phone/tablet/refridgerator/whatever).

> It would be good if someone who has an iPhone or iPad tested enigma on it, if possible. And the apk file should be easy to download for those who, like me, have no access to Google Play: Why not on enigma's web site?

As it was stated countess times before, it's not gonna happen. Appstore policies require the change of license. Also, an appstore account is $100, so there's no point developing for a platform which will never be used (apart from the selected few with jailbreaked devices).
As for android, it's not an "official" project, the guy who done it is unreachable (and not updating enigma for android either), I think we would need his approval to put his apk on website.

"Latest" Enigma is available on my market in aptoide (sph.aptoide.com), though it's not really "legal".