Re: AW: [Enigma-devel] Enigma v1.01 crash on x86_64

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: AW: [Enigma-devel] Enigma v1.01 crash on x86_64
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 23:36:51 +0100

Hi Erich,

Erich Schubert wrote:
Debian is preparing a new release which will include Enigma 1.01. If you could provide me with a patch, I can try to get that bug fix into the release.

I just commited a patch - rev 1536 - for the trunk. This patch can be applied to the 1.01 release without changes, too.

As the vargs implementation is very system specific some operating systems may not cause problems on improper va_list access beyond the end of the arg list. In fact the buffer gets currently extended twice on all systems and we did not receive any error report within more than two years!

Please check the Debian implementation to decide how critical this patch is.

Greets,

Ronald