Re: [Enigma-devel] level submission: minesweeper

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] level submission: minesweeper
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 20:40:17 +0200

Brian Huffman wrote:
Quoting Nat Pryce <address@hidden>:

On 15/04/2008, Andreas Lochmann
<address@hidden> > > This would reduce the
problem to bomb distributions that are not
"solvable" due to the intrinsic ambiguity.

 Not exactly, as you can't reach the diagonal tiles
 without stepping on the directly adjacent ones.

But... you could start the player with an spring so they could hop
over mines if necessary.

--Nat

Giving the player a spring was one of the first things I tried with this level. However, I found that you can't jump over an it-trigger: The marble triggers the switch even when it is in the air. (In version 1.01 at least.) I found that it-sensor works the same way. Is this the intended behavior?

No/Yes:

The trigger jumping is buggy in 1.01 and earlier versions. I fixed it for 1.10. You can test it with the development revision 1102. Nevertheless there will always be situations in minesweeper where it is very difficult to jump on an inner field.

The sensor detects any actors crossing and will keep detecting jumping actors in future versions. We will add a visible sensor variant.

Greets,

Ronald