[Enigma-devel] Sidebar: How should this be done?

From: Till Harbaum / Lists
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Sidebar: How should this be done?
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 14:51:40 +0100

i've made enigma use 800x480 for maemo. The menus etc are working fine and the
gamearea and statusbararea are currently 640 pixels wide and left aligned.
I've added a sidebararea to the right of this filling the right 160x480
pixels. For now this has a background like the menus have and it has the
enigma logo on top.

I'd like to add some buttons to the rest of the area. These buttons should
have functions for rotating and using items, for calling the help menu and
returning to the main menu etc ... much like the hardware buttons. Do you
think this may be a useful usage of the spare screen space?

And if yes: How should this be done. The current SideBarImpl works very much
like StatusBarImpl and is also done inside src/display*.*

How should the buttons be added? How can i add buttons to this area? Should i
build a menu? And would it thus be ok to include gui stuff into display.cc?
What do you think?

Regards,
   Till