Re: [Enigma-devel] Problems with mouse in Enigma

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Problems with mouse in Enigma
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 14:54:38 +0200

Hi Matthew,

thank you for your bug report; and, no, it's not a known error.
And I have no idea what might cause such a crazy behaviour ...
first thing I'd try is to download and install Enigma again, maybe
your first download was buggy (select another version to really
make sure Ubuntu starts a new download). Update sdl if possible.
And check for the connection of the mouse; perhaps every time
you sit down to play, grab the mouse for Enigma, you pull at the
cord and it slips out of the socket? If available, you could check
if Enigma works with another mouse?

If all this doesn't help, toggle window/fullscreen mode and several
resolutions. If this doesn't help either, try "enigma --nograb --log".
With this, you won't be able to play Enigma, but we might guess
the origin of your bug better.

Please tell us if any of these measures helps you.

Greets,
Andreas

Matthew Wild wrote:

Hi there,

Firstly, thanks for SUCH a great game! I have fallen in love with the
Enigma, which I have installed on my laptop.

Today I installed Enigma on my desktop PC, and while it seems to be
otherwise working fine, it doesn't seem to handle my mouse well.

I am using Ubuntu Linux 7.04, I have a standard Microsoft optical mouse,
which I have no problems with in other applications (or SDL games). In
Enigma, moving the mouse left/right always moves the cursor right. Moving
the mouse up/down moves the cursor down. This makes the game unplayable :(

Is there any further info I could give you? Do you know any possible
solutions/workarounds?

Many thanks,

Matthew.

PS. Also, apologies if this is a known issue. I checked the FAQ, forums and
Google before I wrote this...