[Enigma-devel] Enigma 1.0 problem on Mac

From: David Perry
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 1.0 problem on Mac
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 10:45:26 +1100

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your follow up to my problem with Enigma 1

You will recall I have a Mac G4 running OSX 10.4.8

Unfortunately I have been unable to solve the problem with either of your
two suggestions.

1. I found a level in Enigma .91 with a solution time of 39170 secs (around
10.8 hrs.) It was "The Document" (1/127). I
had gone to bed and resumed the level the next day!. I have now completed
the level with a time around 20 minutes.

However, on restarting the computer (and verifying the new solution time in
.91), and re-installing Enigma 1, the same
error message came up. I have restarted the computer several times and
"repaired permissions" etc.

2. I went Finder > Go > Go To Folder > "/Users/david/.enigma"

Message came up: "the folder cannot be found".

I have searched the User and computer for the file name "enigmarc.lua2" for
(visible and invisible) files with no luck.

I am logged in as an administrator user. (I am the only user for this
computer)

I wonder if I logged in as a "root" user I would have better access?

I am quite happy to repair the "enigmarc.lua2" if I can locate it.

I am not very confident using the sudo commands etc. in terminal though.

I had completed hundreds of levels in .91 and would love to retain these in
version 1.0

Any other ideas please!

Cheers,

David