Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 1.0 problem on Mac

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 1.0 problem on Mac
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 12:07:59 +0100

the kind of error you described, occures, when you solved
a level in 0.91 within more than 9 hours (32767 seconds to
be exactly). You can either try to solve this level in 0.91
in a shorter time, then restart or reinstall 1.00; or we extract
the defective score manually from the file. One way or the
other, this single 9-hour-score will be lost.

If you decide for manual repair (maybe because you don't
have Enigma 0.91 anymore or don't know which level has
the faulty score), we do the following:

In particular, in this case we don't search for "enigma.score",
but for "enigmarc.lua2". It should be in the same user path:
Use the finder, menu titled "Go", select "Go to folder", then
type in: "/Users/david/.enigma". This should open the user
path for Enigma, including directories "level" and maybe
"thumbs", and a handful of files.

When you made it here, look out for a file named "enigmarc.lua2".
Copy it and send me a version, so I can repair it. OR, if you want
to repair it yourself (and know how to do the following):
1. Make a backup.
2. Open enigmarc.lua2 in a text-editor.
3. Search for a line with 39170.
4. Remove this single line.
5. Save enigmarc.lua2.

After one of us repaired "enigmarc.lua2", you'll have to remove
"enigma.score" and all its backups (marked with a "~"), as well
as "state.xml" and all its backups. Then restart Enigma twice to
see if the bug is gone, and write to us what happened.

Greetings,
Andreas

David Perry wrote:

Mac powerbook G4 - OSX 10.4.8

After loading Enigma 1.0 the first time, all previously completed levels
show OK and game can be played.
When game is opened subsequently, the following message appears after OXYD
levels have loaded -

Error: Cannot load application score file: /Users/david/.enigma/enigma.score
Error: Error Message: Datatype error: Type:InvalidDatatypeFacetException,
Message:Value '39170' must be less than or equal to MaxInclusive '32767'

All attempts to locate the enigma.score file fail.
Have even tried for invisible files.
It must be in the current user where previous Enigma .91 was.

Where-Oh-where is the score file?
How do I fix the problem without losing all my previous game results?

PLEASE HELP!

Regards, David