Re: [Enigma-devel] Install problem

From: Erich Schubert
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Install problem
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:52:22 +0100

Hi,
Zenwalk). Every time I run ./configure I get an error saying that xerces-c is
not found. I have Xerces 2.7.0. Maybe it's in the wrong place?

You might only have xerces for Java, not for C? or it is not found
correctly on your system. Try some ./configure --help option then.
AFAIK the java version is the native one, the C version is a port of
that. On Debian, there is amongst others:
---
libxerces-java - Validating XML parser for Java
libxerces2-java - Validating XML parser for Java with DOM level 3 support
libxerces2-java-gcj - Validating XML parser for Java with DOM level 3
support (native code)
libxerces27 - validating XML parser library for C++
libxerces27-dev - validating XML parser library for C++ (development files)
libxerces27-doc - validating XML parser library for C++ (documentation)
libxml-xerces-perl - Perl API to Xerces XML parser
---
For building enigma on Debian you need libxerces27-dev (or just run
"apt-get build-deps enigma", or just grab the packages from unstable
which are 1.00 and should work on etch, too; if you're missing
dependencies after manual package installation correct them via
"apt-get -f install")

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
   erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
 To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\