Re: [Enigma-devel] Problem with Enigma

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Problem with Enigma
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 21:15:56 +0100

Mary Burnside wrote:
Please note I loaded enigma and played it once. The second time I tried to load it, it came up with the following message - Fatal error that causes application to quit: Cannot load application score file ..... mismatch of state.xml and enigma.score. Restore both from your backup or remove enigma.score to restart with an empty score file. I have tried deleting the installation and reinstalling but I still keep getting the same message. Can you help please?

Let us try to locate the problem. First we need to know the operating system that you are using. The following paths will fit only Windows.

Please look on your main hardisk parition - let us assume it is "C" - for the directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\yourUserName\Application Data\Enigma

Send me a copy of the above files "state.xml" and "enigma.score" for analysis of the problem. Please report your operating system, too. If you played an older release of Enigma before please attach additionally the file

C:\Documents and Settings\yourUserName\Application Data\enigmarc.lua2

Now delete "state.xml" and "enigma.score" and try to restart Enigma. Both files will be recreated and hopefully fit this time. Restart Enigma a second time and report if the problems are gone.

Thanks for your reports

Ronald