[Enigma-devel] Enigma 1.00 - request for translation updates

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 1.00 - request for translation updates
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 23:32:26 +0100

Dear translators,

After a long period of development with significant changes we are now
preparing Enigma 1.00 for release before end of this year.

Now we need your help in updating the translations. Enigma 1.00 provides
several new GUI menus and supports I18N for the levels, too. Thus the
amount of translatable strings did increase significantly.

But the technical base is still Gnu gettext. Please request the lastest
*.po file as basis for your translations directly from me. Please edit
the files in utf-8 encoding and retransmit them to me.

Your are able to verify your translations yourself, if you download the
translators alpha version from our developer ftp server at

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/enigma-game/Enigma-w32-1.00-alpha.zip

Please have a short look at the reference manual. Most of the new
features are explained, especially the I18N of the levels (Chapter 3.5).

For testing your translations you will need the utility "msgfmt" out
of Gnu gettext. The GnuWin32 version is located at
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/gettext.htm . The
bin package contains "msgfmt.exe" (It is about 100k - if you have
limited download rates drop a note to me and I will send you just this
tool). Process your translation with the command (f.e. ru.po for russian):

msgfmt -c --statistics -o enigma.mo ru.po

and copy the resulting output file "enigma.mo" to the appropriate enigma
subdirectory (ru again for russian):

data\locale\ru\LC_MESSAGES\enigma.mo

Restart Enigma to run and test your latest translations.

For our current schedule we would be glad to deliver first language
updates with the beta release. For this milestone we would need updates
from you until 13 November.

The final translation updates should be delivered until end of November.
If you will not be able to participate in the 1.00 translations please
drop a note that we can ask on the devel group for someone else.

BTW all readers of the devel list who would like to help with the
translations should drop a note eitherway. Your help may be welcome by
the translators of 0.92.

Best regards

- Ronald