Re: [Enigma-devel] crashes on linux gcc exception handling

From: Erich Schubert
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] crashes on linux gcc exception handling
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 14:55:33 +0200

Btw,
Since Debian is planning to release etch in December, I'd welcome an
enigma release for wide testing (experimental already has a SVN
checkout). Only if the current versions are stable enough, of coutse
(I've only loosely tested the latest svn checkouts).
Maybe call it version 0.93 (keep the 1.0 for when it's thoroughly
tested; chances are good it will be distributed by a couple of
magazines, just as 0.92 was.)?

Can't help you much on the exception handling issue, since I've no
experience in intermixing C++ C and lua code.

My naive approach would be to catch all C++ exceptions before
returning to lua, and convert them to some lua exception. Which then
can or can not trigger some C++ exception when lua fails "painfully".
Traces probably will get lost, though. Maybe this can be #ifdef'ed
somehow, so that for debugging you can actually get the exception at
the inner C++ level.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
   erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
 To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\