Re: [Enigma-devel] ant33.lua runtime error under lua 5

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] ant33.lua runtime error under lua 5
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 16:50:01 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Heck"

Tacvek wrote:

The changes to ant.lua: were any of them functional, or were they just
updates to the new style of
Lua 5.0? Also you might want to update  'data/levels/ant.lua' (the
temporary compatibility copy.)

Now that you ask, no they weren't functional.  I didn't notice that we
have LUA_COMPAT_VARARG set in luaconf.h

Still, it is better to use the new form, as some future lua version will likly drop
support for the old style.

And the changes to ant33.lua: instead of calling the returned function
of cells{} directly, the callback calls an anonymous argumentless
function that explcitly calls the return value of cell{}. Is that correct?

I think so, but that's why I asked for someone to playtest the level.

Well, I can't actually beat the the level, but I can make it to the last screen and everything looks like it works.