Re: [Enigma-devel] ant33.lua runtime error under lua 5

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] ant33.lua runtime error under lua 5
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:33:05 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Heck" <address@hidden>
To: "Tacvek" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 6:57 PM

Tacvek wrote:

This looks like a type-cast-problem in ant.lua, and appears
a second time on the 'action_C'-triggers in ant33.
I don't understand the ant.lua-magic, so I only could do a
workaround for ant33 - a not beautiful one. And we should
assume that there are more levels using this very special
cell/cells-syntax.

Actually, I'm betting we failed to convert ant.lua over to 5.1 quite correctly.

[snip]

The changes to ant.lua: were any of them functional, or were they just updates to the new style of Lua 5.0? Also you might want to update 'data/levels/ant.lua' (the temporary compatibility copy.)

And the changes to ant33.lua: instead of calling the returned function of cells{} directly, the callback calls an anonymous argumentless function that explcitly calls the return value of cell{}. Is that correct?

It might be wise to look through the other antXX.lua levels to se if he used the same thing elsewhere.