Re: [Enigma-devel] .enigmarc updater

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] .enigmarc updater
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 23:36:44 +0200

Tacvek wrote:
When will an updater be avilable for .enigmarc, to add paths to the index names of the esprit/oxyd levels? I feel hesitant to play the oxyd levels, since I already have score data for many of those levels, but the game does not recognize this. This is because an updater is not likely to be able to merge the two records. (Although that would be a nice feature for anybody who is tracking svn).

As you noticed I am postponeing the update of the score records. They are still recorded in the 0.92 .enigmarc2 file. This way all scores of levels you play with a current trunk version will be updated to the new score system lateron.

The problem with the oxyd/esprit packs is the missing "indexname" in the index*.txt. If Raoul or Andreas can provide this field as they did for the enigma_* packs all old scores should be visible and new ones should be upward compatible.

- Ronald