Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma Translation

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma Translation
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 23:38:51 +0100

metin selcuk wrote:
Good day, I wpuld like to translate your game to Turkish. Please inform details.

Enigma uses Gnu gettext. You can take any other language ".po" source file as a starting point (I will send you one in a separate email).

Rename the other language file (f.e. sv.po) to your language code - that should be "tr.po" for Turkish and open it in your favorite Texteditor. Make sure you open and edit it with "utf-8" encoding!! Substitute all "msgstr" by the Turkish equivalent expression.

Send this file back to me and tell me the utf-8 encoded string for "Turkish" in Turkish as well as the standard language-nation code ("tr-TR" ?).

Thanks for your contribution.

Ronald