Re: [Enigma-devel] "SDL_mixer >= 1.5 is required to compile Enigma"

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] "SDL_mixer >= 1.5 is required to compile Enigma"
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 15:35:09 +0100

Hi

宋 伟 wrote:
As Daniel pointed out you need runtime and devel packages for mixer,
image, ttf, sdl -- install SDL_mixer-1.2.6-1.i386.rpm,... and give it a try.

There would still be some error although I've installed all the 8 packages(sdl,ttf,mixer,image--devel and runtime using "rpm -ivh --force package-name").

A first quick view at your comments and logs tells me you did swing the largest available hammer "rpm -i --force" -- a simple "rpm -uvh" might have been more appropriate, as it does not includes "replacefiles" option.

The second remark: Your situation got worse as more packages you installed. The libs seem to be installed but are not found -- sounds like the dynamic lib caches are not updated (may be a consequence of --force ??)

Hints:
- try to update all SDL packages again with "-uvh".
- if this does not help check the "ldconfig" options needed to manually update your lib caches.

Sorry, I am currently a bit short of time for a more detailed analysis.

Ronald