Re: [Enigma-devel] "SDL_mixer >= 1.5 is required to compile Enigma"

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] "SDL_mixer >= 1.5 is required to compile Enigma"
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 11:49:28 +0100

宋 伟 wrote:
Sorry about a mistake I made in the mail ,the five packages I had installed
were;
SDL_image-devel-1.2.4-1.i386.rpm
SDL_mixer-devel-1.2.6-1.i386.rpm
SDL_ttf-2.0.7-1.i386.rpm
SDL_ttf-devel-2.0.7-1.i386.rpm
SDL-devel-1.2.9-1.i386.rpm.

As Daniel pointed out you need runtime and devel packages for mixer,
image, ttf, sdl -- install SDL_mixer-1.2.6-1.i386.rpm,... and give it a try.

The misleading error message has already been corrected in the development repository by Daniel some months ago.

I think I have got your meaning above.My configure file was downloaded within the Enigma package from http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/download.html--- "Source Code tar.gz (0.92)"
,NOT from repository.
I will try with the configure file in the repository later.
My suggestion is to update configure file within the source-package in site:
http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/download.html.

The 0.92 configure makes correct checks, but if the mixer libs are not
found or not up to date (< 1.2.5) it just prints a misleading message
(>= 1.5) - I thought you were searching a mixer version 1.5 which is not
yet available.

Ronald