Re: [Enigma-devel] Oxyd revival

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Oxyd revival
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 00:56:19 +0200

Yes, they also made an semi-official announcement on www.mag-heut.net

> New commercial versions are planned, too. Do you expect any legal
> conflicts?

Not really, no.  In the worst case we may have to rework or remove some
of the levels that are too similar to the original Oxyd/Esprit ones.
Everything else was programmed or drawn from scratch, so I really do not
see any basis for legal conflicts.  Copyright isn't an issue and we
didn't violate any trademarks AFAIK.  And I doubt that game ideas can be
patented.

But IANAL, so let's just hope my intuition doesn't betray me here :-)

-Daniel