[Enigma-devel] some remarks on 0.90-beta

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: [Enigma-devel] some remarks on 0.90-beta
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 23:38:36 +0100

Hi,
the following remarks refer to the unpatched 0.90beta (windows) version.
I deleted those topics that I noticed in other mails, but there may
still be duplicates - please ignore those.

1. Level selection menu - medal button: no function - in v0.81 the next
unsolved level was selected.

2. Keys remain in inventory even when used in a lock: f.e. Enigma2 level
122 ("No Jumping Necessary" - duffy46) - a single key can be put into
every lock, but the bridge never opens.

3. Marble gets stuck under pull stones
Ralf wrote
>I've seen that happen with other moving stones: my marble got "stuck"
>under the stone and I had to restart or abort.
>That happens often with swap-stones (e.g. in "U-swap") or pull-stones,
>but IIRC also sometimes with other stones.
>Anyone else who has been "stone-stucked"?
In Enigma2 - level 7 ("Escape?" - ralf14) - my marbles gets always stuck
under a pull stone, especially if the pull stone is pushed over my
marble by another stone and if my marbles happens to end up near the
edge of the pull stone.

4. st-rotator_move-left not movable at all: f.e. Enigma2 - level 7
("Escape?" - ralf14) - the rotators can no longer be pushed by the
marble (is the level still solvable?). Same for Enigma2 - level 136
("Automatic Transmission" - duffy60) - top left rotaor is
st-rotator_move-left but nor movable.

5. st-break_invisible rebreak behaviour: Enigma2 - level 152 ("Tool
Time" - barry03) - when a st-break_invisible is made visible and then
stoke repeatedly with the hammer, the destruction sequence starts over
and over again. This does not happen with a simple st-break stone.

6. white marbles in inventory at end of level: f.e. Enigma2 - level 7
("Escape?" - ralf14) - when marble is killed or live is given up (F3)
the remaining black-life-marbles in the inventory are displayed as white
marbles. This may related to the flag enigma.ConserveLevel=FALSE.

7. white marbles in inventory when black ones are dropped in area: f.e.
Enigma2 - level 131 ("Build Up Speed" - duffy55) - drop both spare
marbles anywhere on the floor and kill yourself - two white marbels are
displayed in the inventory and you have to press ESC to restart.

8. rounded stones with white edges: f.e. Enigma2 - 19 ("Wells" -
ant19) - st-door_a - missing transparency on edges.

9. glasses in inventory enables both marbles: f.e. Oxyds - 118 ("Magnum
100" - ss_mag100) - picking up the glasses with the white marble puts
the glasses to the white inventory. Nevertheless the black marble is now
enabled to see the st-death_invisible stones.

10. time is less expensive: f.e. Enigma2 - 67 ("Time is Money" -
nat11) - 10 Cent was about 3 sec now about 15 sec

Thanks for this nice Oxyd reinvention and the number of new levels.

Ronald