[Enigma-devel] ttf font problems

From: Erich Schubert
Subject: [Enigma-devel] ttf font problems
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:10:46 +0100

Hi,
I've problems running enigma built from recent arch.
(I'm trying to update the package; I'd like to upload a recent version
to experimental...)
I'm building for Debian, i.e. I don't use the included lua, zipios etc.
but the ones supplied by the distribution. Worked fine with some CVS
checkouts in July.
Engima builds fine, no errors, no unresolved symbols.

Running enigma gives:
Could not load .ttf file dustismo_bold.ttf
error: attempt to index local `font2' (a nil value)
  <file `/usr/share/games/enigma/models.lua': line 43>
Could not load .ttf file dustismo_bold.ttf
open /dev/sequencer: No such file or directory
Could not load .ttf file dustismo_bold.ttf
zsh: 19736 segmentation fault  enigma

Apart from a segmentation fault being bad error handling (trashing your
mouse and resolution when fullscreen is enabled...), I don't see the
real problem...
The font is properly installed:
mode 0644, /usr/share/games/enigma/fonts/dustismo_bold.ttf

And strace shows an even more irritating output:
stat64("/usr/share/games/enigma/fonts/dustismo_bold.ttf",
{st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=23604, ...}) = 0
write(2, "C", 1C)                        = 1
[... writing the rest of "ould not load .ttf" ...]

But stat64 DID succeed!

also libSDL_ttf is installed and apparently working fine in other
applications:
ldd `which enigma` | grep ttf
  libSDL_ttf-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libSDL_ttf-2.0.so.0 (0xb7dd5000)

Any idea what's wrong?

Greetings,
Erich Schubert
--
   erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
     We can debug relationships, but it's always good policy to     //\