Re: Hosting (Re: [Enigma-devel] Status)

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: Hosting (Re: [Enigma-devel] Status)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 23:25:11 +0200

Markus,

thanks a lot for your generous offer.  I don't know how difficult it is
to host a repository.  Probably not very, as long as everything runs
smoothly, but I would expect it to be a big hassle if anything goes
wrong.  The biggest asset of dedicated hosting services such as
SourceForge etc. is probably that knowledgeable administrators are at
hand if something blows up.  This alone probably already outweighs the
disadvantages (less flexibility, more bureaucracy, etc.)

For the moment I will probably stick to savannah for CVS and maybe use
sourcecontrol.net for arch hosting if I manage to get an account.  I
think for the time being this is the easiest solution.

Anyway, thanks again,
Daniel