Re: [Enigma-devel] Networking

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Networking
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:15:43 +0100

Johannes Fortmann wrote:

> I'm all for Enet. I have used SDL_net in the past (well, tried to),
> and I wouldn't want to do it again :-). Plus, the rationale for enet
> given in its documentation (fast&unreliable message passing if you
> need it, optional reliable packets) sounds very good.

And, judging from what I've seen so far, these guys seem to know there
stuff.

> I've already integrated enet into my local copy of SDL, however I'm
> completely stuck as to how I import the enet source tree into CVS.
> I'm trying to work with cvs import, but that wants some really strange
>
> parameters.

Import is only for importing the very first version into CVS.  You need
to do a "cvs add" for every new directory and every new file.  With a
graphical front end this is really a no-brainer, but its also manageable
from the command line.

> I just want to do some kind of recursive add, but that seems
> impossible. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

There's no recursive add.  You have to do it manually.

Daniel