Re: [Enigma-devel] Guide Status: Still on hold

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Guide Status: Still on hold
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:09:50 +0100

Tacvek wrote:

> The guide to compiling enigma under windows using cygwin is still on
> hold, as things at savannah have still not returned to normal.

Unfortunately no, I still haven't manage to upload new files to the
download area.  And I've already maxed our the disk space limit of my
user account at university.

> However, today I figured out the correct way to pakage the SDL libs,
> which brings the size of the file to accompany the guide from ~4 MB
> iirc, to only 500KB. This I happened to discover by looking at
> cygwin's generic-build-script, and will greatly reduce the hastle of
> maintaining that file.

Great!

> As soon as things return to normal the guide will be published... I
> only fear that this mess has *not* delayed development of enigma.

Only a little, but the Win32 compilation guide will still be useful when
the next release comes out.With regard to building Enigma not much has
changed to far.

I hope I'll be able to sort this all out during March.

Cheers,
Daniel