Re: [Enigma-devel] RE:Level packs

From: Ralf Westram
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] RE:Level packs
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 23:54:15 +0200

Hi,

> Well this this is a late response to this email, but here is my idea.
> There are 3 different types of levels in enigma.
> #1. Official oxyd levels
> #2. Oxyd Clone Levels
> #3. Enigma levels (levels created for enigma)
> Now each of the Offical oxyd games should have a level pack, these should be
> updated untill they are complete.

I'm not sure whether we have the right to include the original oxyd
level packs (or even to make them downloadable somewhere). I think
only the complete oxyd games are allowed to be copied.

> For Oxyd Clone levels:  For each clone that you are trying to recreate all
> the levels for a level pack should be made, the rest should be added to a
> misc collection.
> For Enigma levels: I belive that these should be included by default.

I have the same feeling. I do not think it is a good idea to only
include a few levels.

A better idea is to skip the previews completely once they are
generated automatically.

> Level packs can be made for large collections of similar levels.
> Those packs may or may not be included with main game.

ack e.g. then sokoban levels

Ralf

--
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.