Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma for Win32

From: Martin Hawlisch
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma for Win32
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 11:49:03 +0200 (MEST)

Hello Daniel,

> My Win32 executable of Enigma is complete and works.  Or at least, I
> think so.
> If you're interested, feel free to download it from
> http://freesoftware.fsf.org/download/enigma/enigma-w32-0.40a.zip
> and tell me if it works for you.

This is great!

I've tested it on NT4, W2k and XP. Graphics and speed is perfect, only the
sound is causing problems.
On NT4 the effects are played with delay, but sound good.
On W2k and XP the music and sound is noisy and choppy.

My wishlist for a proper windows release is a option menu to turn off sound
and you could `unix2dos` the textfiles.

P.S. later this day I'll commit a new "stone-impulse stone" and
"floppy-switch" to CVS. I'm currently creating demo-levels and painting
images.

--
Cheers, Martin.

http://www.hawlisch.de