emacsconf-org

Re: An APAC version of EmacsConf?

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: Re: An APAC version of EmacsConf?
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 21:21:21 +1000

Hi Bhavin,

Sorry for the late reply - I have a long way to go in managing my email queue properly :p

Bhavin Gandhi <bhavin7392@gmail.com> writes:

Hello Yuchen

On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 09:46:41, Yuchen Pei wrote:

[…] and in this case specifically an APAC version of EmacsConf. I am relatively new to emacs (about 1 year in use), but I suspect one does
not need to be good at emacs to organise a conference about it.

I agree, anyone who is interested in Emacs can organize a conference
about it :)

Great!

Is anyone else interested, or do you know anyone who might be
interested? As a side note, to avoid unpleasant side effects like increasing the workload of EmacsConf organisers :P, the APAC version should probably be as independent of EmacsConf as possible, including
the naming.

I'm interested in organizing and helping with an APAC version of
EmacsConf. Although, I'm not really sure if I will be able to spend time
on it this year.

One idea I had was to have two parts to EmacsConf. The CFP can be common, I think that will be easier for more reach. And then we can split the talks, schedule, tech-checks, and all other organizing parts as
EmacsConf and EmacsConf APAC.

This sounds like a good idea. What is a tech-check? You seem to be familiar with organising an EmacsConf - would you mind telling me what are the main steps?

Best,
Yuchen

--
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0